Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 26: Mitchellville, IA - Guthrie Center, IA

Time: 5:41:27
Distance: 107.29km
Average Speed: 18.8km/h

We left Thomas Mitchell park and decided to bypass Des Moines city center using the GPS.
On our way we stopped at walmart and target to get tire tubes without success. I did manage to get a razor to shave my neck beard which has been growing over a month now. I'm going to keep the rest of the beard until San Francisco to make it look like I've been on a mission. We ate in a town called Panora not too far from our campsite. The GPS sent us on about 7km of gravel roads covered in pebbles on the way to the campsite. Terrible terrain for our skinny race bike tires but they managed to hold up.




1 comment:

  1. Yayyy!! Keep the beard till I meet up with u in San Fran! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete